Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX 10.6.1 and Monterey 12.3 slow

Since Monterey 12.3 update on iMac M1, FCPX 10.6.1 is be very slow to the point it is not possible to use fluently FCPX. Have you encountered this problem?

iMac, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 12:29 PM

6 replies

Apr 1, 2022 12:53 PM in response to Dourin

You have that AWFUL cleanmymac thing. This is considered malware by those of us who have seen the damage it can inflict.

Absolutely, totally remove this - you will have to follow their own instructions, it is not enough to drag it to trash.

You have Chrome - it, together with its keystone daemons, is known to wreak havoc on video applications, by hogging the system videotoolbox.

See https://chromeisbad.com for a detailed explained and for instructions on how to remove them.

After removing, you will need to delete and reinstall FCP (this does not delete any of your libraries or your media, just the application).

Even after all that, we can't say for sure if there is any lasting damage from cleanmymac, so in the end you may have to do a clena install.

But for now, make a backup, uninstall cmm and chrome (and its keystone minions), delete and reinstall FCP, and let us know.

Apr 1, 2022 11:00 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Hi Luis,

I've just done what you said: exterminating cleanmymac, google chrome and all their adds-on. I have still the same problem o: over use of processor with FCPX, and the rainbow ball!

When I bought my iMac M1, it was delivered with Bigsure. I had no problem with FCPX. It was smooth and quick. It is since I up dated with Monterey 12 that the slow down occurred. This morning I caught the latest version of Monterey 12.1. No significant change. Should I not come back to Bigsure?

FCPX 10.6.1 and Monterey 12.3 slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.