Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to download previous version of Keynote (11.1)?

I need to download version 11.1 on my MacBook before I can download 11.2 but I have 10.1 on Catalina and I can't find the download on the App Store. How can I download it without upgrading the OS because further OS do not support iBooks Author and I don't want to transfer to Pages because it does not support widgets and other stuff.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 12:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 3:31 AM

Keynote v11.2 is exclusively for Big Sur or later operating systems. Keynote v11.1 is the last version available for Catalina.

Launch the Mac App Store and be signed in to it with the same Apple ID used to previously install Keynote. Press cmd+0 (zero) to open the Purchased panel. On there, you should see Keynote with an Update button. Click that. A dialog will appear advising that you need a newer version of macOS to get Keynote. Do not click Cancel, and just acknowledge that dialog. A second dialog may then appear offering to install the last compatible version of Keynote for Catalina. Acknowledge that dialog and you should discover Keynote v11.1 installed.

For what its worth, iBooks Author still works on Monterey 12.3, but that could change as Apple is no longer supporting it, and future changes to the operating system could render it inoperable.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2022 3:31 AM in response to Bearosa

Keynote v11.2 is exclusively for Big Sur or later operating systems. Keynote v11.1 is the last version available for Catalina.

Launch the Mac App Store and be signed in to it with the same Apple ID used to previously install Keynote. Press cmd+0 (zero) to open the Purchased panel. On there, you should see Keynote with an Update button. Click that. A dialog will appear advising that you need a newer version of macOS to get Keynote. Do not click Cancel, and just acknowledge that dialog. A second dialog may then appear offering to install the last compatible version of Keynote for Catalina. Acknowledge that dialog and you should discover Keynote v11.1 installed.

For what its worth, iBooks Author still works on Monterey 12.3, but that could change as Apple is no longer supporting it, and future changes to the operating system could render it inoperable.

How to download previous version of Keynote (11.1)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.