Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there anyway to download Keynote to work on Catalina

I am using macOS Catalina Version 10.15.7 and need to install Keynote (it was not on this computer before). Is there anywhere to download a previous version as when I try to download it states I need to update to version 11 or newer (which I cant).

thanks in advance...

iMac 27″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 9:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 11:56 AM

If you had a previous, but older, yet compatible Catalina version of Keynote installed, you might be able to update it via the Mac App Store to version 11.1, the last compatible version for Catalina. Keynote v11.2, now requiring Big Sur, will not install on Catalina.

You might try launching the Mac App Store, ensure that you are signed in with your AppleID, and then press command+0 (zero). If Keynote has an Update button, click that and see if you get past the first dialog prohibiting the installation of Keynote v11.2, and a secondary dialog offers to install Keynote v11.1 for you. As you never had Keynote installed, this may be wishful thinking, and not work.

Otherwise, Apple does not provide user-downloadable, past full installers for Pages, Numbers, or Keynote. You may find that you will need to use Keynote for iCloud, or Keynote v11.2 in either iOS/iPadOS 14.8.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2021 11:56 AM in response to L4u7375

If you had a previous, but older, yet compatible Catalina version of Keynote installed, you might be able to update it via the Mac App Store to version 11.1, the last compatible version for Catalina. Keynote v11.2, now requiring Big Sur, will not install on Catalina.

You might try launching the Mac App Store, ensure that you are signed in with your AppleID, and then press command+0 (zero). If Keynote has an Update button, click that and see if you get past the first dialog prohibiting the installation of Keynote v11.2, and a secondary dialog offers to install Keynote v11.1 for you. As you never had Keynote installed, this may be wishful thinking, and not work.

Otherwise, Apple does not provide user-downloadable, past full installers for Pages, Numbers, or Keynote. You may find that you will need to use Keynote for iCloud, or Keynote v11.2 in either iOS/iPadOS 14.8.

Is there anyway to download Keynote to work on Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.