Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Reset no access to Apple ID

I have an Ipad that my mother originally had that she is no longer capable of operating .

We no longer have any of the information (i,e,User name, Password, & email) that it was set up with. Can we reset & register it to all new information. If so-- how would we do that?

Thank you.

Chris H.

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 3:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 4:12 PM

If you simply wipe/reset the device it will be activation locked and unusable.

So … you’re going to first need to resurrect your Mom’s AppleID by any means available.

Once you’ve got access to the AppleID, the device can be removed from the account.

THEN the iPad can be wiped/reset/setup as new.

This might be a good place to start:

https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid

Alternatively, you might find success with an Activation Lock removal support ticket, but it’ll likely require some proof of ownership.

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

I’m confident that others will post more … perhaps better … approaches which might be tried.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2022 4:12 PM in response to Opascott

If you simply wipe/reset the device it will be activation locked and unusable.

So … you’re going to first need to resurrect your Mom’s AppleID by any means available.

Once you’ve got access to the AppleID, the device can be removed from the account.

THEN the iPad can be wiped/reset/setup as new.

This might be a good place to start:

https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid

Alternatively, you might find success with an Activation Lock removal support ticket, but it’ll likely require some proof of ownership.

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

I’m confident that others will post more … perhaps better … approaches which might be tried.

iPad Reset no access to Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.