Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change a car's Bluetooth identity?

We have two automobiles made by the same manufacturer. I have linked my iPhone to each car by Bluetooth. My iPhone Bluetooth identifies both cars as "My Car." I think it might be helpful to distinguish between the two in my iPhone. I asked in a support forum for this manufacturer if I could reset something in the automobiles in order to give them separate names in the iPhone. The one response I got was, "No." We cannot reset the names of the cars within the cars. The online respondent recommended seeing if there is some setting in the iPhone that would allow me to rename the cars in my Bluetooth setting. Is there such a setting? TIA

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 8:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 9:25 AM

Some Bluetooth devices do allow for renaming. After you have connected to the device go to Settings > Bluetooth and tap the circled i to the right of the device. If it allows for renaming you will see it there.

2 replies

Change a car's Bluetooth identity?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.