Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Someone else is trying to use my email address

I started getting email notifications today that I need to click on a link to verify my appleID. However, the email associated with the new account belongs to me, but isn't part of my account. It wants a phone number ending in xxx62. I don't have anyone in my family that uses a phone number ending in 62. How do I get this resolved, and the email address removed from the other persons account. They have even registered their iPhone8 against the account.

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 11:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2022 1:00 PM

Hello firehare,

If you already use this email address as an Apple ID, then the first thing we would recommend is to follow the ‘Gain control of your Apple ID’ section here: If you think your Apple ID has been compromised

If you are not using this email address as an Apple ID, then ensure that this is not a phishing attempt. This has more on how to recognize and report suspicious messages: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams

If this is not a phishing attempt and you continue to get these messages, then we would advise contacting our Apple ID Support here: Get Support

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2022 1:00 PM in response to firehare

Hello firehare,

If you already use this email address as an Apple ID, then the first thing we would recommend is to follow the ‘Gain control of your Apple ID’ section here: If you think your Apple ID has been compromised

If you are not using this email address as an Apple ID, then ensure that this is not a phishing attempt. This has more on how to recognize and report suspicious messages: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams

If this is not a phishing attempt and you continue to get these messages, then we would advise contacting our Apple ID Support here: Get Support

Cheers!

Someone else is trying to use my email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.