You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magsafe battery pack not charging

I want to know if anyone else is having same issue after software update that battery is at zero dead .. although it charges as i attaches it to my phone which is already plugged into power socket but still battery remains at zero. Any help with this ?

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 12:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2022 4:26 PM

I have tried each and everything nothing works … where as i attach battery pack to my phone it shows an animation and as i plug into iphone thn iphone and battery pack both shows charging but only iphone is charged but battery pack remains at zero percent. Plus no indication of light so ever

with this i also have tried couple of apple cable specially airpod pro cable which is brand new and chargers that i tried on were 61W macbook pro and anker nano 20w but nothing works as it stays unresponsive to direct plugging it into wall socket.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 2, 2022 4:26 PM in response to Soosie_J215

I have tried each and everything nothing works … where as i attach battery pack to my phone it shows an animation and as i plug into iphone thn iphone and battery pack both shows charging but only iphone is charged but battery pack remains at zero percent. Plus no indication of light so ever

with this i also have tried couple of apple cable specially airpod pro cable which is brand new and chargers that i tried on were 61W macbook pro and anker nano 20w but nothing works as it stays unresponsive to direct plugging it into wall socket.

Apr 2, 2022 4:51 PM in response to ZohaibQayyom

ZohaibQayyom,

To clarify, are you able to charge the MagSafe Battery Pack on its own? If it's not able to charge when you're connecting it directly to a known-good charging cable and adapter, then we'd recommend having it inspected for potential replacement or repair.

You can locate your nearest Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider here: Apple - Find Locations

We hope that this information is helpful.

​Have a great day!

Apr 2, 2022 1:11 PM in response to ZohaibQayyom

Hello ZohaibQayyom,

Thanks for your post to Apple Support Communities. You mentioned your MagSafe Battery Pack isn't charging properly. We'll be looking at this guide:

How to use your MagSafe Battery Pack

Make sure you are using an Apple-branded cable and power adapter. You'll need to use a 20w power adapter to charge it. Test it with different cables and power adapters. Check the port on the MagSafe Battery Pack to make sure no dirt or debris is in it.

Also, you can plug a cable into the MagSafe Battery Pack then have it attach to your iPhone to charge both at the same time. See if either way works (charging the battery pack on its own or with your iPhone).

Reply back with how it goes.

Take care.

Magsafe battery pack not charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.