Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Windows 10 freezes up on opening

I've got Windows 10 Build 19043.1586 on an AMD Ryzen AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor 3.00 GHz with 16 GB RAM. I used to have iCloud for Windows working on my machine, but since I got it back from the shop I haven't been able to successfully open iCloud on my PC! I've deleted and reinstalled it, I tried reinstalling it on my Admin account (it wouldn't even finish installing there!), but it starts loading and I can't even get into the initial screen.

Help?

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 2:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2022 2:01 PM

Hello drdarkeny,

Great steps trying to resolve this issue. If you haven't already, be sure your Windows software is fully updated, then see if these steps help to get iCloud for Windows installed: If you can't download or install iCloud for Windows

In addition to those steps, if you're using security software temporarily disable it to see if that helps as those can block connections.

Keep us posted.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2022 2:01 PM in response to drdarkeny

Hello drdarkeny,

Great steps trying to resolve this issue. If you haven't already, be sure your Windows software is fully updated, then see if these steps help to get iCloud for Windows installed: If you can't download or install iCloud for Windows

In addition to those steps, if you're using security software temporarily disable it to see if that helps as those can block connections.

Keep us posted.

Take care.

iCloud Windows 10 freezes up on opening

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.