Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CarPlay will not detect USB wired cable

Hello. I had downloaded 15.4 when it came out. All was working fine, I would plug my iPhone SE 2020 into my 2019 Volkswagen Jetta with the lightning cable, and all would work fine. Then today carplay could not detect then phone via the cable. I have tried rebooting my phone and radio. None of it works. The only thing I can get to work is if I connect via Bluetooth, but that only allows me to use the phone. I have also tried 4 different lighting cables and 2 are true Apple cables. Anyone else have this issue and know how to fix it? Getting ready to go on a trip and I need my maps haha.

Thanks.

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 7:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2022 1:09 PM

I got it to work finally. I went into the cars radio settings and went into factory settings and reset the app-connect and ir started to recognize my usb connection.

3 replies

Apr 29, 2022 1:04 AM in response to Jesse1688

My 12 pro max is doing the same thing! My husband and I have the exact same phone and his will work connected to his car but mine won’t work anymore. Same car, same usb cord. Even tried different cords. Now the rental car I have is doing the same, my phone doesn’t even pick up either vehicle in CarPlay to select. The car tells me “unable to connect usb compatible device”. It can’t pick up my phone when it’s plugged in but yet it charges my phone. I have tried everything!! Contacted Apple support after researching and finding everything I could possibly try ….. and they walked me through all the same steps I had already done that I got from their website. Ended up being absolutely no help. It still not working!! I’m just beyond frustrated and upset. I travel quite a bit every week so it’s a big deal to me that CarPlay suddenly won’t work.

CarPlay will not detect USB wired cable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.