Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I got a new phone and my watch is stalling. It won’t do anything but keep the apple with the white ring around it on the screen. What should i try to get the update to finish so I can pair the watch with the phone

Apple Watch won’t finish the update so I can pair it to a new phone?

Apple Watch Series 4

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 10:41 PM

2 replies

Apr 1, 2022 11:16 PM in response to Boolane

Depending on your watch model

try this out and see if it helps

click on the link below

If you can't pair an Apple Watch with your iPhone - Apple Support

1. depending on your internet speed the watch may be trying to update which can sometimes take a long time. How long has it been stalled ?
  2. Erase the the watch - article provide Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support
  3. Very important delete the watch app from the phone and make sure its deleted by going to - > settings>general>iphone storage> look for watch app then delete it. may not see it if it was deleted - just to confirm
  4. Check Iphone for updates you should be on 15.4.1

Let me know !

I got a new phone and my watch is stalling. It won’t do anything but keep the apple with the white ring around it on the screen. What should i try to get the update to finish so I can pair the watch with the phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.