Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS contacts “related name” limited to three options: Manager, Spouse, Assistant

Hi - I see only three options in iOS Contacts, for ‘Related name’: Manager, Spouse, and Assistant. I always thought this was weirdly limited, but I just realized a lot of people have waaaaay more options to choose from, so it’s clearly just me!

My iOS Contacts is linked to my Microsoft 365/Exchange account, in case that makes any difference, but IIRC there are a lot more contact linking options available directly in Exchange than just these 3, so I don’t think that’s related.

Any help?

Thanks!

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Apr 3, 2022 8:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2022 1:18 PM

Probably you have a corporate email account associated with the Contacts.

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

If you have a corporate email account added through a profile on your device, please check with your organisation's system administrator.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2022 1:18 PM in response to ladyglencora

Probably you have a corporate email account associated with the Contacts.

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

If you have a corporate email account added through a profile on your device, please check with your organisation's system administrator.

IOS contacts “related name” limited to three options: Manager, Spouse, Assistant

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.