You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is the tip of apple pencil damaged?

Is the tip of Apple Pencil damaged or is it like this only ? Also facing some lag on notes app while using double tap.

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Apr 3, 2022 2:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2022 3:07 PM

The entire pencil does NOT need to be replaced. The tips are easily replaced and inexpensive. And no, Apple won't likely replace a worn out Pencil Tip. Hence why they sell replacement tips in all their stores as well as online.

6 replies

Apr 3, 2022 3:37 PM in response to TheLittles

OK......And be fully prepared for Apple to say NO.

I suppose I'm a bit different. I'd be completely embarrassed to show Apple a Pencil Tip I wore out (and I have worn them out) and ask for a free replacement, when replacement tips are inexpensive and easily purchased. And Apple Pencil tips are consumable items. They wear out. They don't last forever.

Apr 3, 2022 2:29 PM in response to Randomusername00

Randomusername00 Said:

"Is the tip of apple pencil damaged?: Is the tip of Apple Pencil damaged or is it like this only ? Also facing some lag on notes app while using double tap."

-------

Time for a New Pencil:

It looks like physical damage. How heavy are you pushing down on it? Where are you storing this when not in use? If having issues with other apps, it may be time for a new Apple Pencil.

Getting Apple Pencil Replaced:

Apple might replace it, but that is their call. So, ask them if you can. They may not replace intentionally or accidentally damaged devices. As for free of charge it would be if it is a faulty device, which appears not the be the issue here.

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Apr 3, 2022 2:30 PM in response to Randomusername00

Randomusername00 Said:

"Is the tip of apple pencil damaged?: Is the tip of Apple Pencil damaged or is it like this only ? Also facing some lag on notes app while using double tap."

-------

Troubleshooting Apple Pencil:

Refer to these Links:

Verify the compatibility of your iPad and Apple Pencil

View: If your Apple Pencil won't pair with your iPad

Make Sure: that Bluetooth is enabled

Be Certain: there is power to your Apple Pencil

Successfully Pair: and charge your 2nd Generation Apple Pencil

Is the tip of apple pencil damaged?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.