Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Persistent Email "Don't forget to reset your Apple ID password" - Fake or Real?

Hello, I finally had to come here as I continue to receive a very persistent email telling me "Don't forget to reset your Apple ID password." for two separate accounts. I previously reported it as phishing but the email continues to come in. It now says I only have on day left to reset the password for (gives me my email address in parenthesis) at https://apple.com/recover.

Obviously I have not clicked on the link because I am not trying to recover anything since I have not initiated any requests to recover my ID. I am also very skeptical about these types of emails; I am sure I have missed out on a million dollar inheritance from a long-lost relative somewhere because I send everything to junk and block them. :)

My question... is this message real? Is there something I missed that apple is doing where I need to reset my Apple ID password?

Thank you.

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 7:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 9:22 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Sterling_Silver. If we understand your post correctly, you keep receiving emails that you need to change your Apple ID password. We’d like to help.

You were right to report this as phishing. For more information check out this article:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams

Let us know if that resolves this issue for you.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2022 9:22 AM in response to Sterling_Silver

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Sterling_Silver. If we understand your post correctly, you keep receiving emails that you need to change your Apple ID password. We’d like to help.

You were right to report this as phishing. For more information check out this article:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams

Let us know if that resolves this issue for you.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Persistent Email "Don't forget to reset your Apple ID password" - Fake or Real?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.