Repeated Emails to Change Password

I keep receiving emails to change my apple ID password. I NEVER click through the email and always do it straight through the settings function. I am getting skeptical that it is a scan and last night noticed that while everything *looked* legit, it was calling me by a name that is very very close to mine, but not mine.

Is anyone else having this issue? It's a scam, it has to be.

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 5:42 AM

Hi CBerliner,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you may have received a phishing email. Be sure not to click on links from these types of emails and avoid entering account information to keep your account protected. Find out more about these type of attempts here: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams.

Cheers!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2023 5:42 AM in response to CBerliner

Hi CBerliner,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you may have received a phishing email. Be sure not to click on links from these types of emails and avoid entering account information to keep your account protected. Find out more about these type of attempts here: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams.

Cheers!

Repeated Emails to Change Password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.