Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Apple Music on Catalina compatible with Apple Music on Big Sur

I think I screwed up badly. I have been working for weeks to curate a DJ radio show, primarily on my Mac Mini using Big Sur. I got on my old MacBook Pro that can only run Catalina. I did some work on that laptop. Now I find my playlists are majorly borked and weeks of work has been lost. Work I had on my Mac mini has disappeared.

Wast that a mistake to mix the two versions of Music on different Ones? About to rip my hair out because weeks of work to curate playlists just went poof.

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 11:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 11:52 AM

Probably a mistake to start mixing and matching without a solid backup to go back to in the event of problems. Big Sur likely has a slightly newer version of Music so it should be able to open a library created in Catalina. Catalina might not be able to open a library created by Big Sur. If the library opens then there shouldn't be any problems. Describe borked? Moving libraries between systems can break links to tracks if the shape of the library isn't just right.

See Move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Community for general advice.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2022 11:52 AM in response to KERRYPM

Probably a mistake to start mixing and matching without a solid backup to go back to in the event of problems. Big Sur likely has a slightly newer version of Music so it should be able to open a library created in Catalina. Catalina might not be able to open a library created by Big Sur. If the library opens then there shouldn't be any problems. Describe borked? Moving libraries between systems can break links to tracks if the shape of the library isn't just right.

See Move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Community for general advice.

tt2

Is Apple Music on Catalina compatible with Apple Music on Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.