Related Article: If your Apple ID is locked or disabled

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A reset Apple Watch

I am trying to add a reset Apple Watch to a new iPhone. I lost the original iPhone the Apple Watch was paired to and I can’t remember the Apple ID or password I used with the first phone to set up to watch.

I now have a new iPhone with a new Apple ID and password. Can anyone help me use the watch I already have? I already reset it. Thank you.

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 11:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 11:55 AM

Until you can remember or recover access to the Apple ID associated with that Watch, or can provide Apple with an original purchase receipt showing the serial number, that Watch is indistinguishable from a lost or stolen Watch.

As Activation Lock is intended as a theft deterrent, something such as a reset won’t clear it, either.

Links to how-to related info:

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2022 11:55 AM in response to LibbyLambert

Until you can remember or recover access to the Apple ID associated with that Watch, or can provide Apple with an original purchase receipt showing the serial number, that Watch is indistinguishable from a lost or stolen Watch.

As Activation Lock is intended as a theft deterrent, something such as a reset won’t clear it, either.

Links to how-to related info:

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

A reset Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.