Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot add Google Calendar to Calendar Accounts

From Mac Calendar, when trying to add a new account, I get a message Google requires completing authentication in your web browser.After authentication, setup will continue in Internet Accounts.

After clickling Open Browser, a cog wheel appears to be turning again and again and never reaches Google to authenticate. Therefore I cannot use the Mail app. It's been happening for months now and I have tried suggestions I have found online.

Can you please help me solve this?

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 2:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2022 3:43 AM

Thanks for your help! I did not try this option actually,

For reference for others with the same problem, I managed to solve this by changing my default browser to Safari.

Similar questions

7 replies

Apr 5, 2022 7:15 AM in response to eva2910

1 - Suggest restarting in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

2 - Does the issue present in this mode ?

3 - Restart in Normal Mode and try again.

Sometimes the Safe Boot will just put things right and is only discovered after restarting in Normal Mode.

Cannot add Google Calendar to Calendar Accounts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.