Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery health drop down from 100% to 99% in 2 months

i activate my iPhone 13 promax last January 31, 2022. But my battery is drop down into 99%. I don’t use my phone to play games.

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 5:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 7:11 PM

Hey there,

How to maximize battery performance

“Battery life” is the amount of time a device runs before it needs to be recharged. “Battery lifespan” is the amount of time a battery lasts until it needs to be replaced. One factor affecting battery life and lifespan is the mix of things you do with your device. No matter how you use it, there are ways to help. A battery’s lifespan is related to its “chemical age,” which is more than just the passage of time. It includes different factors, such as the number of charge cycles and how it was cared for. Follow these tips to maximize battery performance and help extend battery lifespan. For example, keep iPhone half-charged when it’s stored for the long term. Also avoid charging or leaving iPhone in hot environments, including direct sun exposure, for extended periods of time.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2022 7:11 PM in response to JoeyGolez

Hey there,

How to maximize battery performance

“Battery life” is the amount of time a device runs before it needs to be recharged. “Battery lifespan” is the amount of time a battery lasts until it needs to be replaced. One factor affecting battery life and lifespan is the mix of things you do with your device. No matter how you use it, there are ways to help. A battery’s lifespan is related to its “chemical age,” which is more than just the passage of time. It includes different factors, such as the number of charge cycles and how it was cared for. Follow these tips to maximize battery performance and help extend battery lifespan. For example, keep iPhone half-charged when it’s stored for the long term. Also avoid charging or leaving iPhone in hot environments, including direct sun exposure, for extended periods of time.

Apr 5, 2022 7:56 PM in response to JoeyGolez

JoeyGolez wrote:
So that’s normal to IPhone 13 promax.? How to avoid the immediate drop down of my battery health. Give me a tips. Thank you

Maybe relax and don't get too obsessive about it? Batteries lose capacity, and what you've experienced doesn't seem out of line with normal expectations. Apple's nominal rating is for 80% battery health after 500 complete charge-discharge cycles, where partial charge-discharge cycles add up (50% discharge and then recharge is 0.5 cycles).

Worst case is that you pay for a battery replacement. However, batteries are like automobile tires. There might be extreme ways to make them last longer, but they will inevitably wear down.

Apr 5, 2022 8:18 PM in response to JoeyGolez

A relatively small compact Lithium battery like any smart phone or tablet battery has a maximum usable lifespan of 2-4 years depending on usage. Capacity is going to continuously degrade over time, whether you use the device or not. So don’t obsess about it. Just like your car battery, it will wear out and need replacement at some point, no matter what you do.

Battery health drop down from 100% to 99% in 2 months

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.