Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to cancel an app that didn’t use my Apple ID but their own ans I was charged because they are minors and under my phone plan

When my daughter got a replacement phone she didn’t set it up under my Apple ID but her own. I have others on my account and they set their phones up under by ID but also created their own. So whenever she purchases a subscription now, it won’t show up under my purchases or subscriptions so I can cancel or change it. But I do get charged for them. Since I’m the account owner and manager I feel like I should be able to cancel or change anything I pay for monthly. It shouldn’t matter if it’s under a different Apple ID. She’s a minor and I pay for her phone and any subsequent subscriptions and if I want to cancel and not have to go through my child I should be able to. Apple should’ve already come up with a solution to this problem especially if they are a minor, under someone else’s account, and don’t pay the bills. This is an issue because now I am unable to cancel a subscription because it’s under her ID instead of mine!! There should be a way around this without having to go through her ID.

iPhone XR

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 8:33 AM

Hav you considered setting up Family Sharing and then turning on Ask to Buy?

Family Sharing.   *

ASC YouTube for Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Set up.  *

Family Sharing - Set up on iPhone.  -

Family Sharing -  Ask to Buy.     *

Family Sharing -  Ask to Buy - Get Help.   *

Similar questions

2 replies

How to cancel an app that didn’t use my Apple ID but their own ans I was charged because they are minors and under my phone plan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.