You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email App not displaying GMail attachment

I saw a previous unresolved discussion about how in the iPhone email app doesn’t show the GMail account’s email attachments. The paperclip symbol is present on the email but the attachment itself is not. I was able to view the email as a hole under my Gmail app that I download it but not under the email app that comes with the iPhone. Does anybody know why and if Apple is working to resolve this issue?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 9:27 AM

1 reply

Apr 6, 2022 9:35 AM in response to Tanikawilliams2

Hi Tanikawilliams2,

We suggest making sure you're running the latest iOS version. You can do so by tapping Settings > General > Software Update.

Then, try removing and re-adding the affected account:

Remove your email account and set it up again

1.) On your computer, sign in to your email provider’s website. Make sure that all of your email is there or make sure that your email is saved somewhere other than your device.
2.) On your device, go to Settings > Mail, then tap Accounts.
3.) Tap the email account that you want to remove.
4.) Tap Delete Account.
5.) Add your account again.

If these steps don't work, contact your email service provider for more information.

If you can't receive email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

While the title of that article may not seem to pertain to your issue, that is a great step to try.

We hope that helps.

Take care.

Email App not displaying GMail attachment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.