Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won

Why won't Safari let me enter payment details on my Baylor Scott and White Hospital online account? A customer service rep with the hospital suggested I try a different browser, so I tried Chrome, and it worked like a charm. What gives?

Thanks,

Bill J.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 9:59 AM

bjohnston wrote:

Why won't Safari let me enter payment details on my Baylor Scott and White Hospital online account? A customer service rep with the hospital suggested I try a different browser, so I tried Chrome, and it worked like a charm. What gives?

Thanks,
Bill J.

Maybe the site is configured to only work with certain browsers.

Maybe the site incorporates newer technology than that supported by an older browser version.

Maybe ask the site developer why.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2022 9:59 AM in response to bjohnston

bjohnston wrote:

Thanks,
Bill J.

Maybe the site is configured to only work with certain browsers.

Maybe the site incorporates newer technology than that supported by an older browser version.

Maybe ask the site developer why.

Apr 6, 2022 11:51 AM in response to bjohnston

Hospital sites typically use current security protocols for browser access and if your Safari browser is old (e.g. High Sierra or earlier), it does not have support for the newer security requirements, and would be blocked. A current version of Chrome or Firefox would already be using these current security protocols and would be granted access.

Why won

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.