Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 12 screen freeze

So my iPhone 12 freezes continually. The u-tube and apple fix suggestions have a terrible flaw. When I follow the directions and hold the power button down until the blank screen appears the phone dials 911, how I don't know, all I know is that the 911 operator comes on and of course, I cannot take the call or converse with her because well because...so twice now I have had to scramble to landline and call the 911 and tell them the apple phone has malfunctioned. Thankfully they are aware of the problem and accept that there is no emergency, but if there had been I could not have communicated with them and there is the seriousness of the flaw. I certainly hope Apple understands the risk this creates for the user of their phone. At any rate, three times is enough, tomorrow I take the I-phone back to my provider and see if the insurance policy will allow me to choose another model.

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 5:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 5:56 PM

Restart your iPhone or iPad. Make sure that your screen is clean and free of any debris or water. Disconnect any Lightning or USB-C accessories. If your screen works after removing an accessory, try using a different outlet, cable, or charger.

If the screen isn't working on your iPhone or iPad - Apple ...

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2022 5:56 PM in response to poppawheatsr

Restart your iPhone or iPad. Make sure that your screen is clean and free of any debris or water. Disconnect any Lightning or USB-C accessories. If your screen works after removing an accessory, try using a different outlet, cable, or charger.

If the screen isn't working on your iPhone or iPad - Apple ...

Apr 5, 2022 6:01 PM in response to SravanKrA

That does not work, I have removed the screen saver, cleaned the screen and then cleaned the saver and reinstalled it. Once it is frozen the only thing that works, at least for my particular phone, is to let the battery run completely down. Re-charge it and it will reboot automatically sometimes, sometimes it remains frozen and I simply wait it out. Thanks for the suggestion but again it does not work for my phone.

iphone 12 screen freeze

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.