Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts—entries disappear before saving & jumps to other cards.

Adding contacts in a relaxed manner has become impossible. After opening a new contact form and entering one name, the program jumps to an existing contact with that name in it, or it just disappears.

I've had to develop a workaround. It works quite well, but is annoying: I put all the data in the Notes App. Then I copy one datum and paste it in the right category. Then I immediately save the file. I put in the most unusual item first because I often have to search for it because the file has disappeared.

I do the same for each datum until, after a few entries the whole file stops disappearing. The key seems to be saving quickly, which isn't easy while typing with two fingers.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 9:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2022 11:02 AM

Hello.

Start with this...

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes or more.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2022 11:02 AM in response to XseptuagenarianX

Hello.

Start with this...

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes or more.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Contacts—entries disappear before saving & jumps to other cards.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.