Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot properly update a song in my Apple Music library

I have an Apple Music subscription working on two devices: a mac book and Music app on Android (what I am about to describe was also happening on iphone, so it's not an android issue).

When I add a song in my library, it correctly appears on Music library on the phone. If I need to update something (title, genre, artwork) music library on my phone does not update accordingly.

Even worse, when I update the music library on the macbook, the macbook overrides the info I manually edited, and returns to the pre-editing status.

The only way to fix this is to delete the song on the phone, edit the title, add it to the library again.

Any suggestion to solve this? Thanks.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Apr 6, 2022 5:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 10:18 AM

Is this an Intel Mac? While not conclusive more Intel users seem to be reporting the issue where updates to an iCloud Music Library made on a Mac don't always get reflected in the cloud, with the library later reverting to the cloud version. Either way if you're seeing that symptom report it via Feedback - macOS - Apple.

tt2

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2022 10:18 AM in response to stefanogui

Is this an Intel Mac? While not conclusive more Intel users seem to be reporting the issue where updates to an iCloud Music Library made on a Mac don't always get reflected in the cloud, with the library later reverting to the cloud version. Either way if you're seeing that symptom report it via Feedback - macOS - Apple.

tt2

Apr 6, 2022 6:13 AM in response to stefanogui

There seems to be an ongoing issue affecting some users on Monterrey where edits to the library aren't pushed through to the cloud and later revert, however in your case you might check Repair security permissions for iTunes/Music for Mac - Apple Community in case something there is relevant, e.g. you are using AirPlay when trying to make these edits.

tt2

Apr 7, 2022 12:33 AM in response to turingtest2

further update: converting the id3 tag has partially worked, some genre tags are now synced between MacBook and phone, and some are not. Another issue is that sometimes a song (or a playlist) deleted from the library on the MacBook reappears after updating the library. This does not happen the other way round: if I delete a song from the music app, it correctly shows "removed" in the cloud status column on the MacBook (and I can still re-add it to the library if I need to). Note: when I used to manage my library from an old iMac running the old iTunes app, everything was perfectly synced with both the phone and the MacBook.

Cannot properly update a song in my Apple Music library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.