Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Glitch when swiping between desktops on M1

Hello,

I found out this issue on multiple Macbook Pro just by doing a simple use case !!!!! It is mind boggling to me that Apple engineers haven't observed this problem !!!

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create multiple desktops
  2. drag and drop apps on those desktops
  3. don't make them fullscreen
  4. Swipe between desktops
  5. Focus on the top right corner (under the battery icon)

PS: I tested it on 5 Macs Pro => 13", 14" and 16" on different versions of Monterey and Big Sur

This is a machine that costed me 3000$, I expected better from Apple !

Please inform us when this issue is fixed.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 6, 2022 8:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2022 6:33 PM

I have the same experience on my MacBook Pro 16" 2021 (M1 Pro). I even had it on my previous MacBook Pro 13" 2020 (M1).

Slightly annoying, and it seems to occur when there are a good number of windows open (but not always).

Safe mode does nothing.

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 7, 2022 8:44 AM in response to blackandwhite7

Hello blackandwhite7,

To help resolve the issue you're seeing when switching between desktops, start by testing in safe mode.

Safe mode clears caches and can bypass software that can cause issues:

How to use safe mode

Determine whether you're using a Mac with Apple silicon, then follow the appropriate steps:

Apple silicon
1. Shut down your Mac.

2. Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until you see the startup options window.

3. Select your startup disk, then press and hold the Shift key while clicking “Continue in Safe Mode.”

4. Log in to your Mac. You might be asked to log in again.

Intel processor

1. Turn on or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift keyas your Mac starts up.

2. Release the key when you see the login window, then log in to your Mac. 

3. You might be asked to log in again. On either the first or second login window, you should see ”Safe Boot” in the upper-right corner of the window.

Follow the additional steps in the following article depending on the result you get:

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

If the issue persists, we recommend you Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Best Regards.

Glitch when swiping between desktops on M1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.