Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos in messages won't load

A few months ago, I received an alert that my phone was running low on storage. It suggested that I optimize.

I did that.

Now every photo/video that was sent in a text message before that is a blank box that says "tap to download". When I tap, either nothing will happen or it turns into a white square with a question mark.

Some of those photos I really need!

Does anybody know how to fix this??

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 6, 2022 4:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2022 8:30 PM

Please wait a while after you have optimised storage for all the photos and messages to get synced to iCloud

If you had turned on Messages in iCloudiCloud Photos, your content is automatically stored in iCloud and is available on all devices that use the same Apple ID

1 reply

Photos in messages won't load

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.