Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t I get sound on Hulu shows on my iPad 2 since recent os update

Is there setting for iPad 2 to hear sound on shows through Hulu

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 5:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 8:16 AM

Hi, Louis,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. It looks like you're having trouble getting audio from your iPad. If the issue is occurring regardless of the app, see if the steps in If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker - Apple Support help, as it addresses issues with audio on your device.

If it is isolated to just Hulu, we'll want to troubleshoot the app itself. To do that, please follow If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open - Apple Support. While the title of the article doesn't exactly match your issue, the steps included can be helpful if an app is not behaving as expected in general.

For additional assistance after that, please get in touch with Apple Support directly, which you can do here: Get Support.

Have a great weekend.

31 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2022 8:16 AM in response to louisfromindianola

Hi, Louis,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. It looks like you're having trouble getting audio from your iPad. If the issue is occurring regardless of the app, see if the steps in If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker - Apple Support help, as it addresses issues with audio on your device.

If it is isolated to just Hulu, we'll want to troubleshoot the app itself. To do that, please follow If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open - Apple Support. While the title of the article doesn't exactly match your issue, the steps included can be helpful if an app is not behaving as expected in general.

For additional assistance after that, please get in touch with Apple Support directly, which you can do here: Get Support.

Have a great weekend.

Apr 21, 2022 5:53 AM in response to RobynZzz

I have the same sound issue with Hulu on my iPad mini 3. I did find one show with sound, the TV show Cheers. No other show (new or old) have I found with sound. The fact that one show did produced sound tells me it’s a Hulu/iOS update issue.

bTW - I’ve done all the other trouble shooting: rebooting iPad, reinstalling Hulu app, checking sound settings etc.

May 15, 2022 8:09 AM in response to louisfromindianola

Has anyone here tried a simple hard/soft reset of their iPad models?

For iPad models with a Home button, do a simple hard reset of your iPad by holding down both the Home and sleep/wake/power button simultaneously until your iPad goes to black and restarts with Apple logo, then release the buttons.

OR

For much newer design iPad models, without a Home button, try the new simple hard reset procedure for the new 2018/2020/2021 iPad Pros, 2020 iPad Air 4 and 2021 iPad Mini 6 models.

1. Press and release the volume up button.

2. Then immediately press and release the volume down button.

3. Then, press and hold the single sleep/wake/power button You will see the Slide to Power off button, but keep on holding down the power button until you see the Apple logo, then let it go.

Once you have performed all the steps, wait for a few seconds and your 2018 iPad Pro will boot up completely to the iPad Pro’s Lock screen.

Best of Luck to All!

May 15, 2022 10:27 AM in response to Hannibalchica

Can you, please, confirm what year and model iPad do you have/own?

The “A” model number can be found on the aluminium back of your iPad, in very small print, right under the larger bold print “iPad” on the back of the iPad.

What iOS/iPadOS version is this iPad, currently, running?

What is the rated, internal data storage space/capacity of your iPad model and how much of this free, internal data storage capacity is left inside of your iPad model?

All of that additional info can be found in the Settings app, General settings panel, About.

Please try to make an attempt to answer all questions asked.

Thank You.

May 24, 2022 10:20 AM in response to louisfromindianola

I have the same issue. Some times I have sound using my headphones but that isn't consistent either. I have talked with folks at HULU and they say they are aware of the issue and are working on it. I asked for a refund for the days this has been going on and they granted me the credit. I am about to call again and request they do this once again as it's now happening beyond the credit given date. Call HULU. You can google for their phone number or live chat. It's like getting into Fort Knox like most companies nowadays, but keep trying. I hope the fix comes soon as I, too, think Hulu is one of the best.

Why can’t I get sound on Hulu shows on my iPad 2 since recent os update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.