Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X, earpiece call volume very low - iOS 15.4.1

Hi, since updating my trusty iPhone X to 15.4.1 yesterday my call volume [on the ear speaker] is very muted, at full it's like 20-30% - with any street noise it's inaudible.

There are tips here I saw linked from another post here https://www.howtoisolve.com/low-call-volume-iphone-8-iphone-8-plus-sound-problem/ but it seems like the solutions offered are rather drastic. I'd really appreciate any tips please, is this a 15.4.1 thing?

recommended solutions:

"reset all to default settings"

or even

"Erase all content and Settings, Before that Backup iPhone, Because in this process whole iPhone will erase first. After the problem is fixed we can restore the backup. Follow the below steps for Erase All Content and Settings.

1. Open the Settings app on the iPhone.
  2. Scroll to General and Tap on it.
  3. Now, Scroll to last on-screen and Tap on the Transfer or Reset iPhoneReset option.

thanks lots

neil

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 6:44 AM

4 replies

Apr 8, 2022 8:36 AM in response to neil96

Hello there neil96,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! For issues with the volume on your device, we recommend checking out the steps in this article If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker.

If the steps do not resolve the issue, we would recommend reaching out to Apple directly by checking out this link to Get Support and they will be more than happy to proceed with additional steps.

Have a great day!

iPhone X, earpiece call volume very low - iOS 15.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.