Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove Activation Lock?

Bought an Iphone X a few days ago and it was locked to owner. Sent the request to apple to get it unlocked. I was given a case number and they will contact me with further updates

I made sure to have the IMEI, the proof of purchase and they also ask for the address of the store I bought it from which I had.

Hopefully, I get a response soon. I heard it was around 24-48 hours so I'm checking ever so often.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 4:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 5:01 PM

If you bought a used phone Apple will not unlock activation lock. Not for anyone. They will only remove this theft deterrent feature for the original owner who bought the phone directly from Apple, and forgot their Apple ID or password.

It wouldn’t be a theft deterrent if you could bypass it by contacting Apple.

See→The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying a Used iPad/iPhone

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2022 5:01 PM in response to Domingofrombc

If you bought a used phone Apple will not unlock activation lock. Not for anyone. They will only remove this theft deterrent feature for the original owner who bought the phone directly from Apple, and forgot their Apple ID or password.

It wouldn’t be a theft deterrent if you could bypass it by contacting Apple.

See→The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying a Used iPad/iPhone

How do I remove Activation Lock?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.