Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keychains not visible in Keychain Access

I'm running macOS 12.3.1 on a 16" MBP. I just upgraded from Big Sur (due to a corrupted OS drive).

I have a problem: there are files in ~/Library/Keychains that don't appear in Keychain Access. For example, in ~/Library/Keychains there are files called Sunsuper.keychain and Sunsuper.keychain-db but searching for "Sunsuper" in Keychain Access finds nothing. If I select one or both of these files in Finder and select "Open With Keychain Access.app", then Keychain Access opens, but the files are nowhere to be found.

How do I access the data in these keychains? Thanks in advance.

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 1:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 3:42 PM

Thanks for the reply. The bigger picture is that my Big Sur internal SSD became corrupted to the extent that it would hang at the login screen so, I reformatted it in Internet Recovery and installed Monterey, but corrupt disk had also corrupted my Time Machine backup.

Thanks for the guide. I hadn't noticed of "Import Items" in the File menu, but the needed files weren't selectable when I navigated to them. Then I noticed "Add Keychain" further down the menu and ... I can navigate to a missing keychain and add it that way. :-))

Thanks again,

Steve = : ^ )

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2022 3:42 PM in response to leroydouglas

Thanks for the reply. The bigger picture is that my Big Sur internal SSD became corrupted to the extent that it would hang at the login screen so, I reformatted it in Internet Recovery and installed Monterey, but corrupt disk had also corrupted my Time Machine backup.

Thanks for the guide. I hadn't noticed of "Import Items" in the File menu, but the needed files weren't selectable when I navigated to them. Then I noticed "Add Keychain" further down the menu and ... I can navigate to a missing keychain and add it that way. :-))

Thanks again,

Steve = : ^ )

Apr 8, 2022 12:19 PM in response to Erroll

Erroll wrote:

I'm running macOS 12.3.1 on a 16" MBP. I just upgraded from Big Sur (due to a corrupted OS drive).

I have a problem: there are files in ~/Library/Keychains that don't appear in Keychain Access. For example, in ~/Library/Keychains there are files called Sunsuper.keychain and Sunsuper.keychain-db but searching for "Sunsuper" in Keychain Access finds nothing. If I select one or both of these files in Finder and select "Open With Keychain Access.app", then Keychain Access opens, but the files are nowhere to be found.

How do I access the data in these keychains? Thanks in advance.

Is there an associated issue— or you just curious about...?

Maybe if you paint a bigger picture.

I have never in over two decades had to go to Finder for any Keychain associated information.

Keychain Access.app ref: Keychain Access User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

On 28 February 2022, Sunsuper and QSuper merged to become the Australian Retirement Trust

Keychains not visible in Keychain Access

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.