Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Use iPhone and iPad as 2 separate devices

I have an iPad which my son now uses. How do I fully disconnect the link between my phone and IPad as my messages and calls are coming through from my iPhone while he is using it as well as photos being saved to the device.

Thanks

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 6:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 6:30 AM

Start here: link-> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Then set up the iPad again with a completely different Apple ID. You can use Family Sharing to also setup parental restrictions and Ask To Buy so you can control the device.

Link-> Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Link-> Create an Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

Link-> Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2022 6:30 AM in response to bex38

Start here: link-> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Then set up the iPad again with a completely different Apple ID. You can use Family Sharing to also setup parental restrictions and Ask To Buy so you can control the device.

Link-> Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Link-> Create an Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

Link-> Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

Use iPhone and iPad as 2 separate devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.