Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation of free AppleTV offer as a paying subscriber

I have received two different offers for 1-year and 3-month subscriptions to AppleTV+, however when I go to the provided links and attempt to redeem the offer, it indicates that I am already a subscriber. I called Apple support about this and they were not clear on how to activate the free offers.

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 6:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 7:21 AM

Who made those offers? Apple or a third party? For third party companies that make offers fro Apple TV+, it depends on their own terms and conditions. They might say that the offer is for new subscribers only, or they might have a procedure for current or previous subscribers. It differs.

For the offer from Apple, users can claim an extended free trial once. One offer per user, regardless of buying more devices. Apple TV+ offer - Terms and conditions - Apple

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2022 7:21 AM in response to bleeper

Who made those offers? Apple or a third party? For third party companies that make offers fro Apple TV+, it depends on their own terms and conditions. They might say that the offer is for new subscribers only, or they might have a procedure for current or previous subscribers. It differs.

For the offer from Apple, users can claim an extended free trial once. One offer per user, regardless of buying more devices. Apple TV+ offer - Terms and conditions - Apple

Apr 9, 2022 2:12 PM in response to Urquhart1244

The offer came from Apple following the purchase of a new MacBook and iPod. This was not a third-party offer. This was not a free trial offer. The offer said: Your new device includes Apple TV+ free for 1 year.

The new device you or a family member purchased comes with access to the all-new streaming service, featuring exclusive Apple Originals — free for 1 year.* When I try to exercise the free offer, it says that I am already a subscriber (which is true). I contacted Apple support and they connected me with the personnel in the iTunes department. I was instructed to redeem the offer using the newly purchased device, but it still says that I am already a subscriber. They told me on the phone that after signing up for the 1-year offer, it would not bill me monthly for a full year. I just can't seem to sign-up and take advantage of the free 1 year offer.

Apr 11, 2022 7:09 AM in response to Urquhart1244

The purchases were made within the last 90 days. One of the purchases was just two weeks ago, so that is likely why I am getting the email now. I think that Apple is not taking into consideration that some of us are already paying for TV+, when they send out offers for a free year of Apple TV+ because there is no way to take advantage without cancelling the current payment.

Apr 11, 2022 10:48 AM in response to bleeper

The offer is essentially an extended trial for the service, as per the terms it cannot be combined with any other offers or trials (which include the standard trial obtained when previously initiating the subscription) and can only be applied once (regardless of how many devices are purchased). The emails are sent out automatically when hardware is purchased, however in order to claim one needs to be signed in with an Apple ID that hadn't previously claimed an offer or subscribed.

If you've never claimed an offer then you may be able to get something, but no guarantee. You would need to explain to Apple support that you are already a subscriber and see if they were to offer any exception.

Activation of free AppleTV offer as a paying subscriber

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.