Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Related Article: If your Apple ID is locked or disabled

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone Apple ID uses an old email. I no longer have the password or security questions to unlock the account. What can I do?

My iPhone Apple ID uses an old email. I no longer have the password or security questions to unlock the account. What can I do?

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 9:56 AM

Password

If you forgot the Apple ID (iCloud) password, enter the Apple (iCloud) ID, and click Forgot Password. See if you can get a Rescue or Notification email option if necessary. Link to contact Apple Support at the end of the 2nd article.

Apple ID - Manage  -     

Apple ID – Forgot Password  *      

Security questions.

For the security questions, if you are being told there isn't enough information to reset them, contact Apple ID Support.

If you don't know the answers, if the steps in the article below don’t work, contact Apple ID Support, although based on multiple posts I have read, they will not help you recover the answers to your security questions.

Apple ID - If you forgot the answers to your Apple ID security questions.      *

From the article below. 

Without proof of your identity via security questions and other carefully selected criteria, Apple Support can't help you reset a password or perform any other actions on your account. These policies are audited and reviewed on a regular basis.

Security and your Apple ID.    *

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    -

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.  * (Link doesn't always load)  

Get Support   - Work through the screens to get a chat option. 

Apple Support schedule phone call. -

Apple on Twitter

See if anything here helps. 

Solution to the forgotten Apple ID security questions.  -

If necessary, if you are the original owner, contact Apple. Apple can remove the ID  if provided the required paperwork to include the original purchase receipt with the serial number on it. 

Request additional support for unlocking your device.    -

You used to be able to take the device, the original purchase receipt with the serial number, and a photo ID to the nearest Apple Store (if it has reopened) and have them remove the ID. This may have changed, so call the store before going to make sure they can help.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple.   -

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2022 9:56 AM in response to VinceandDar_1

Password

If you forgot the Apple ID (iCloud) password, enter the Apple (iCloud) ID, and click Forgot Password. See if you can get a Rescue or Notification email option if necessary. Link to contact Apple Support at the end of the 2nd article.

Apple ID - Manage  -     

Apple ID – Forgot Password  *      

Security questions.

For the security questions, if you are being told there isn't enough information to reset them, contact Apple ID Support.

If you don't know the answers, if the steps in the article below don’t work, contact Apple ID Support, although based on multiple posts I have read, they will not help you recover the answers to your security questions.

Apple ID - If you forgot the answers to your Apple ID security questions.      *

From the article below. 

Without proof of your identity via security questions and other carefully selected criteria, Apple Support can't help you reset a password or perform any other actions on your account. These policies are audited and reviewed on a regular basis.

Security and your Apple ID.    *

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    -

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.  * (Link doesn't always load)  

Get Support   - Work through the screens to get a chat option. 

Apple Support schedule phone call. -

Apple on Twitter

See if anything here helps. 

Solution to the forgotten Apple ID security questions.  -

If necessary, if you are the original owner, contact Apple. Apple can remove the ID  if provided the required paperwork to include the original purchase receipt with the serial number on it. 

Request additional support for unlocking your device.    -

You used to be able to take the device, the original purchase receipt with the serial number, and a photo ID to the nearest Apple Store (if it has reopened) and have them remove the ID. This may have changed, so call the store before going to make sure they can help.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple.   -

May 2, 2022 10:03 AM in response to VinceandDar_1

I am so completely frustrated. I have worked on this for 2 hours. My Apple account says it is locked and I have to verify myself. I have changed my password twice and I never wanted to do that for too much to remember. Then it says I have to confirm in an email for I can't remember the security answers to the old questions that was put under my former email and don't have that for years. I am trying to update my Instagram app and it won't let me saying that I am locked out for security reasons. Please help me for I am so sick of working on this circle that gets me nowhere. I have signed into this community process but can't get any answers only verification codes to proceed but still am locked out. I powered down my phone to see if that would reset anything but nothing works to go forward into the app store etc. I don't get any Apple emails to prove that I am valid and can verify.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.