Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Opening applications from the Dock

Just installed Monterey and having problems trying to launch any application from the Dock, they just won't open up. They will open from the application folder just not from the dock. Also sometimes the Dock will lock up and not show up. I did find a way to make it re-appear using the Terminal app typing in "killall Dock" but, I don't think it should do that either. Has anyone had similar problems like that? I am running Monterey 12.3.1 on a Mac Mini late 2014 model, 3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7 with 16 GB of ram. Thanks,

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 1:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 1:31 PM

Drag all of the problem apps from the Dock and then drag them from the Applications folder into the Dock.

Similar questions

3 replies

Apr 8, 2022 1:33 PM in response to 1507south

1507south wrote:

Just installed Monterey and having problems trying to launch any application from the Dock, they just won't open up. They will open from the application folder just not from the dock. Also sometimes the Dock will lock up and not show up. I did find a way to make it re-appear using the Terminal app typing in "killall Dock" but, I don't think it should do that either. Has anyone had similar problems like that? I am running Monterey 12.3.1 on a Mac Mini late 2014 model, 3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7 with 16 GB of ram. Thanks,

You can try shutting down and rebooting the Mac..

this can sort many anomalies after an upgrade.

Sure you can relaunch the Dock from the Terminal without issue:

killall Dock

Opening applications from the Dock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.