Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Won’t update anything.

My iPhone and iPad won’t update any apps, it has asked for me for my Apple ID but only shows up with an option to type my password in. I have typed my password and it doesn’t work, I’ve even changed my password to see if that works it hasn’t. I am logged in with my Apple ID already as you can see my icon top right. Can’t use most apps as they’re not up to date can someone tell me how to fix this please?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 9, 2022 1:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2022 5:40 PM

Check the updates to see if the apps requiring an update are in your Purchases History. If they aren't in your Purchases History, you can delete the app, and download it using your Apple ID if desired. If the apps are in your Purchases History, contact iTunes Support.

Purchase History Review  *

See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.   

iTunes Support – world wide   -

Apple Support schedule phone call   -       

If necessary, try Twitter

Apple on Twitter   -        

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2022 5:40 PM in response to GracieBright88

Check the updates to see if the apps requiring an update are in your Purchases History. If they aren't in your Purchases History, you can delete the app, and download it using your Apple ID if desired. If the apps are in your Purchases History, contact iTunes Support.

Purchase History Review  *

See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.   

iTunes Support – world wide   -

Apple Support schedule phone call   -       

If necessary, try Twitter

Apple on Twitter   -        

Apr 9, 2022 2:29 PM in response to GracieBright88

Try this -> see the following Apple articles:

About the 'Trust This Computer' alert on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

About the 'Trust This Computer' alert on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases

Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

If iTunes for Windows prompts you to authorise your computer when you try to play purchases

If iTunes for Windows prompts you to authorise your computer when you try to play purchases – Apple Support (UK)

Won’t update anything.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.