Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone is connected to wifi, but apps say "no internet connection"

Connected to wifi, but apps say "no internet connection". Have tried all here, with the exception of Solutions 8 and 10 below, from this URL. https://appletoolbox.com/does-your-iphone-connect-to-wifi-but-no-internet-how-to-fix/

Have tried with and without cell radio on. My android does wifi in airplane mode, including wifi calling.

I connect to the friend's wifi fine with my android phone, and his windows desktop is also good on internet. In his iphone network settings, his wifi shows a blue checkmark which I assume means connected, but there's no wifi icon in status bar. I honestly did not check ios version or phone model, it does face unlock and is BIG compared to my moto g6.

Any help would be appreciated.

bil

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12

Posted on Apr 9, 2022 5:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 6:18 AM

Thanks for your reply.

"I connect to the friend's wifi fine with my android phone, and his windows desktop is also good on internet. In his iphone network settings, his wifi shows a blue checkmark which I assume means connected, but there's no wifi icon in status bar."

In clarification, the wifi internet connection is in good order, with 2 other devices, my android phone and his windows desktop, using given dsl modem as per normal to connect to the internet. Cellular data is not available at our location. Perhaps if we paid Verizon a bit more money...

Regarding the iphone, as we tried the solutions offered, the wifi icon would very briefly flash in the status bar upon re-connecting to wifi, for less than a second, seemingly inconsistently. I could not resolve the conditions under which the wifi icon flash occurred, but ultimately at each instance, there was finally no wifi icon.

This problem is present on another wifi network available to us.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2022 6:18 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thanks for your reply.

"I connect to the friend's wifi fine with my android phone, and his windows desktop is also good on internet. In his iphone network settings, his wifi shows a blue checkmark which I assume means connected, but there's no wifi icon in status bar."

In clarification, the wifi internet connection is in good order, with 2 other devices, my android phone and his windows desktop, using given dsl modem as per normal to connect to the internet. Cellular data is not available at our location. Perhaps if we paid Verizon a bit more money...

Regarding the iphone, as we tried the solutions offered, the wifi icon would very briefly flash in the status bar upon re-connecting to wifi, for less than a second, seemingly inconsistently. I could not resolve the conditions under which the wifi icon flash occurred, but ultimately at each instance, there was finally no wifi icon.

This problem is present on another wifi network available to us.

Apr 9, 2022 8:01 PM in response to bila49

Check your WiFi Router / Modem for --> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points ...

Connecting to Wifi is the first part and then getting connected to the Internet is the second

1. If you connect to Wifi, doesn't necessarily mean you are connected to the internet. If you are not connected to wifi could be a problem with iPhone settings or Router/Modem Settings
  2. If you are not connected to the internet is the sole issue of Router / Modem Settings. Contact your ISP immediately

For your Internet connection.

• Over Cellular: contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider). The agency who issued the SIM to you
  • Over WiFI: Contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the agency who provided the Internet Service on your Modem/Router to you

However --> Connect iPhone to the Internet - Apple Support

iPhone is connected to wifi, but apps say "no internet connection"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.