Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to view all the photos in apple email

Hi all,

I'm using 12.3 Monterey. I found this issue trying to attach some images from the photos to apple mail. Most of the images taken from the phone are not visible, however, they are available in both phone and the MacBook gallery. So this issue only persists when trying to attach photos from Macbook, not from iPhone?

Any advice?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 9, 2022 11:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 1:22 AM

Hi

Do you have "optimise mac storage" set in your icloud settings. If so any photos which have been optimised (moved off your mac) will not be available to the file picker.

In this case, in the photos app, select the images and then file>export to put them into a folder. You can then attach them to the email from the folder.

You also might be able to use the share button from within photos app to attach them to a new email from there. Personally I prefer file>export - I have more control that way.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2022 1:22 AM in response to Dil_hush

Hi

Do you have "optimise mac storage" set in your icloud settings. If so any photos which have been optimised (moved off your mac) will not be available to the file picker.

In this case, in the photos app, select the images and then file>export to put them into a folder. You can then attach them to the email from the folder.

You also might be able to use the share button from within photos app to attach them to a new email from there. Personally I prefer file>export - I have more control that way.

Apr 10, 2022 3:49 AM in response to Dil_hush

Any photo you want to attach when composing a new mail in Mail needs to have been downloaded from iCloud, before you can use it in Mail. Force the download in Photos by viewing the photo enlarged before you open Mail. Or select the photos in Photos and use the Share button to create a new Mail with the photos attached. You can specify roughly the size of the attached photos.

Unable to view all the photos in apple email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.