Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Emails going to receivers Junk Folders when sent from Mac

This started about 2-3 months ago, receivers tell me my mails sent from either @me, @mac or @icloud *** go to their junk folders, BUT only when sent from Mac.

Sending the same emails from iPhone or iPad are received as normal.

I thought it could be to do with software update so I updated to Monterey and now running 12.3.1 but problem persists.

I also tested from iCloud.com on the web and those messages also received correctly.

Hence the problem is narrowed down to the Mail app on the Mac.

Any ideas please?

Rgds/Andy

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 8:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 8:57 PM

Hi Andy,

I saw this and the reply that you wrote in the other thread. It sounds like the issue is something in the mail headers when your mail client sends an email from your Mac. The mail headers are important info that are included in the email, but normally not displayed unless to choose to "Show Headers". I would suspect that something is amiss, or the mail systems or clients on the receiving end are filtering by something in them.

Could you send a short one line email to your wife's Mac, then go to her Junk folder and open the email. Then choose to "Show Headers" and copy it all, then post it back here.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2022 8:57 PM in response to AndyR911r

Hi Andy,

I saw this and the reply that you wrote in the other thread. It sounds like the issue is something in the mail headers when your mail client sends an email from your Mac. The mail headers are important info that are included in the email, but normally not displayed unless to choose to "Show Headers". I would suspect that something is amiss, or the mail systems or clients on the receiving end are filtering by something in them.

Could you send a short one line email to your wife's Mac, then go to her Junk folder and open the email. Then choose to "Show Headers" and copy it all, then post it back here.

Apr 11, 2022 12:15 AM in response to OldSchoolAdmin

Hi Old School,

Well done, you were spot on the case.

I have 5 email accounts 2 private and 3 work.

My iCloud account was pointing to use one of my work accounts in the server settings for the outgoing Mail Account in iCloud mail preferences. I spotted this when I checked the show headers in the email sent to my wife.

I corrected the preferences to choose iCloud as the outgoing email account and all is working correctly now!

Thanks so much for your help.

If anyone else has such a problem I suggest to first check the outgoing email server account points to the correct server.

Rgds/AndyR

iCloud Emails going to receivers Junk Folders when sent from Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.