Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone connection problem on pc

My iPhone 6 screen shows “support.apple.com/iphone/restore”. The problem is that the iPhone 6 will only power up on a wall outlet charger and die immediately after it’s pulled off the wall and then when reconnected to a computer it will not charge or power on. It needs to be restored through iTunes but I cannot do that if the iPhone can’t charge itself after connecting it to my pc.

Also I have tested the cord with my iPhone XS, same exact cord and same pc and it charges the battery and connects to iTunes just fine. So I don’t know what’s wrong with the iPhone 6.

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 9:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 1:27 PM

You may consider to have the battery replaced at Apple, see here: 

iPhone Battery Replacement - Official Apple Support

If you are going to replace the battery, by Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Providers read this Apple article:

Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service              

Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service - Apple Support

You will first have to make an appointment due to the pandemic.

See: Contact Apple for support and service -> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2022 1:27 PM in response to Eastcoast561

You may consider to have the battery replaced at Apple, see here: 

iPhone Battery Replacement - Official Apple Support

If you are going to replace the battery, by Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Providers read this Apple article:

Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service              

Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service - Apple Support

You will first have to make an appointment due to the pandemic.

See: Contact Apple for support and service -> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

iPhone connection problem on pc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.