Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DOWNLOAD FOLDER

Why no dedicated download folder for iOS when this is available for OS?

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 12:14 PM

10 replies

Apr 12, 2022 4:28 AM in response to jwnhr9

jwnhr9 wrote: "...it would be so much more straightforward for iOS to have a dedicated Download folder, directly available to the user, rather than having to search within in iCloud etc. OS has this facility with a single click."

You can place an icon on the Home Screen which will open the Downloads folder with a single tap:

The above is a simple custom Shortcut I just created consisting of two actions: Folder and Open File:

...Then:

Add a shortcut to the Home Screen on iPhone or iPad

õ¿õ¬

Apr 12, 2022 8:23 AM in response to jwnhr9

jwnhr9 wrote: "Can you please offer extra step by step guidance on how that is achieved ?..."

Jim ~ Sure, but rather than me typing a lot, I made a video linked below. If you're not sure what element I've tapped, post back with the time it occurred, e.g. "What are you tapping at 00:29?" and I'll reply: "Add Action". Shortcuts is easy once you're familiar with it, but inevitably there's a learning curve. At lower right of the video there's a Settings "cog" icon via which you can slow the speed to 0.5x.

Creating the Downloads custom shortcut – 01:18 video

Ref: Shortcuts User Guide for iPhone and iPad

õ¿õ¬

DOWNLOAD FOLDER

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.