Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photostream problem

On my iPhone with iOS 15, the latest photos don’t show in photostream, but earlier ones do. I’ve turned photostream off and on, have an internet connection, and even recent screen shots show; just not photos. Any suggestions?

iPhone 13 Mini

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 3:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 10:48 PM

Did this happen right after you updated to iOS15.4? And is your iPhone set to take the photos in the High Efficiency format HEIC?

My Photo Stream does not support HEIC. Prior to iOS 15.4 the photos taken in the HEIC format have been automatically converted to JPEG for My Photo Stream. This is no longer happening in iOS 15.4 .

Your screenshots are still showing, because they are PNG photos, but HIEIC photos taken with the camera will no longer upload to My Photo Stream.

If the Settings > Camera > Formats are set to "High Efficiency", try to change this to "Most Compatible" and take a photo. Does the new JPEG photo appear in My Photo Stream?

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2022 10:48 PM in response to mwith1l

Did this happen right after you updated to iOS15.4? And is your iPhone set to take the photos in the High Efficiency format HEIC?

My Photo Stream does not support HEIC. Prior to iOS 15.4 the photos taken in the HEIC format have been automatically converted to JPEG for My Photo Stream. This is no longer happening in iOS 15.4 .

Your screenshots are still showing, because they are PNG photos, but HIEIC photos taken with the camera will no longer upload to My Photo Stream.

If the Settings > Camera > Formats are set to "High Efficiency", try to change this to "Most Compatible" and take a photo. Does the new JPEG photo appear in My Photo Stream?

Apr 12, 2022 4:37 PM in response to mwith1l

Hi mwith11,

Welcome to the Apple Community

Apple support has an article online (link below) that may help

If My Photo Stream isn't updating - Apple Support

Other articles that may help with understanding how photostream works:

My Photo Stream - Apple Support

How to: Delete photos from My Photo Stream - Apple Support

All the best :-)

Apr 12, 2022 6:01 PM in response to mwith1l

Thank you for your reply, and info.

Sorry I don't know what the cause of the problem is.

Could be due to a setting or such, a photo file-type iCloud doesn't accept, photos older than 30 days, or it may even be a software fault.

Seems Photostream uploads your last 30 days and up to 1000 photos.

Photos in My Photo Stream are saved on the iCloud server for 30 days.

After that, the photos are removed from iCloud.

Apple says ... "To save or back up these photos, you must save them from My Photo Stream to your iOS device. "

If you're missing photos or videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

Says:

If you hide photos and videos, you'll see them only in your (Photos) Hidden album, so it might seem like they're missing.

More info:

About iCloud Photos and My Photo Stream - Apple Support

If you wish: you can send feedback to Apple:

They likely will not reply, but if need be, it may help make things easier in a future update

There's a webpage for sending feedback:

Product Feedback - Apple

All the best :-)

Apr 12, 2022 5:27 PM in response to brbo

Thanks, but I'd tried all of their suggestions. When I turned photostream off and then on again, all the same photos loaded. But not the most recent 10. And when I took a new picture, it didn't show up in photostream. But if I took a new screenshot, it does show up (photo & screenshot taken within 2 minutes of each other).

Photostream problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.