Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photostream partial update

Hi, my photo stream does not update pictures taken with devices, but does update with other images (like screenshots...) This happened all of a sudden a few days ago.

Result is that photos are not transferred to library on Mac and other devices.

I have a iPhone 12 Pro, iPad mini 5, MacBook 12", all updated to latest software.

Help please, it is very annoying!

Thank you!

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 2:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 2:57 AM

Did this happen right after the update to iOS 15 or iPadOS 15?

If your camera is taking the images in the space saving high efficiency format HEIC, they will no longer be automatically converted to JPEGs, and thus My Photo Stream can no longer transfer them.

Either change the Settings > Camera > Formats to "Most compatible", if they are set to High Efficiency, so my Photo Stream can transfer your new photos again, or switch to iCloud Photos to transfer your photos. Then you can keep shooting HEIC and also transfer videos and Live Photos.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2022 2:57 AM in response to NeverGab

Did this happen right after the update to iOS 15 or iPadOS 15?

If your camera is taking the images in the space saving high efficiency format HEIC, they will no longer be automatically converted to JPEGs, and thus My Photo Stream can no longer transfer them.

Either change the Settings > Camera > Formats to "Most compatible", if they are set to High Efficiency, so my Photo Stream can transfer your new photos again, or switch to iCloud Photos to transfer your photos. Then you can keep shooting HEIC and also transfer videos and Live Photos.

Photostream partial update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.