Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone photo stream no longer working

Recently the photo stream option on my iPhone SE (15.4.1) has stopped working. Up until now when I'd take a picture with my iPhone it would show up in both the "Recents" album and "My Photo Stream" album. Since this problem has begun, photos are no longer appear in the the "My Photo Stream" album and are not automaticly transfered from my phone to my MacBook (12.3.1). So far, I've follwed the on-line suggestions of making sure both devices are signed in with the same Apple ID (they are) and checked to be sure that photo stream is truned on on both devices (it is). I've restarted both devices and still nothing works. I'm not sure what caused this sudden change to something that had previously worked. If anyone has any other troubleshooting tips, I'd appreciate hearing from you. Thanks!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 14, 2022 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2022 11:48 AM

If you recently created your Apple ID, My Photo Stream might not be available. If My Photo Stream isn't available, use iCloud Photos to keep your photos and videos in iCloud.

Similar questions

2 replies

May 14, 2022 11:48 AM in response to FamiousMockingbird

How many photos can My Photo Stream store?

To save storage space, your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch keep your most recent 1000 photos in the My Photo Stream album. From My Photo Stream, you can browse your photos or move the ones you like to another album to keep them on your iOS device forever. And if your Apple TV has limited storage, you'll see only your most recent photos.

You can choose to download all of your photos from My Photo Stream to your Mac and PC automatically.

Open Photos and go to Preferences > General. Select Copy items to the Photos library.

iPhone photo stream no longer working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.