Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photostream not syncing on MacBook

I have an iPhone XR and a MacBook Air.

Both devices have photo stream switched on and both are logged into the same apple ID

When I take a photo on my phone it immediately transfers it to an album called Photostream. However this does not then appear on my MacBook

I have tried this several times and have waited up to half a day, and nothing appears on my Macbook

When I go into setting on the MacBook turn off photo stream and then turn it back on a few seconds later, the photos appear

Is there something im missing ? Is there a setting that needs to be on ?

Very confused and any help would be appreciated

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 13, 2020 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2020 9:30 AM

Boot into Safe Mode (How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support) by booting with the Shift key held down and toggle the My Photo Stream off and on in your Photos library.  Reboot normally and test.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing. 

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2020 9:30 AM in response to stocksy

Boot into Safe Mode (How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support) by booting with the Shift key held down and toggle the My Photo Stream off and on in your Photos library.  Reboot normally and test.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing. 

Photostream not syncing on MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.