Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my profile picture in the user login window keep automatically deleting itself?

Hello,

Both my wife and I use our 24" M1 iMac. We both have our own user profiles, each with a separate profile picture. Recently, however, every time I go to the login screen, I notice that my profile picture has deleted itself. I log in, check the system settings for AppleID and iCloud, and my profile picture is still there. Then I change the login screen profile to the correct photo, do what I need to do on the computer, then log out. When I go back to use the computer again, I notice that my profile picture on the login screen is no longer there. I keep doing this again and again hoping that my profile picture won't disappear anymore, but recently it always does. It didn't use to do this. Why does it do this? Why does it disappear? It didn't use to do this two weeks ago. I know it's a minor gripe, but it's very annoying. What can I do to fix it? Thanks in advance.

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 6:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 7:17 PM

Well, then I'm stumped - I've never had to set it again. But, I also do not have more than one user profile set up. Hopefully someone will chime in with an idea. Are you the Admin? Take a look here:

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/change-a-users-login-picture-mtusr002/mac

Similar questions

6 replies

Why does my profile picture in the user login window keep automatically deleting itself?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.