Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my user profile picture in the login window keep automatically deleting itself?

Hello,

I recently bought the new MacBook Air M2 2022 and set it up. What's bugged me over the last week is how the system for some reason keeps deleting the account profile picture I set for my user. I only have one user installed, my own, and I've never experienced this issue on my former MacBooks. It's very strange the profile picture I place stays around for maximum one day before resetting itself to nothing. Before anyone tries to help, note: I know exactly how to place the account profile picture correctly and there's no way I did it wrong.

The question is: What could be messing/interfering with the profile picture, what makes it reset by itself? Maybe some iCloud/Apple-ID related issue? Even though I don't know how that would even make sense since this is just the profile picture of my hard drive account (the picture that shows up in the middle of the MacBook lockscreen).

I'm running the newest version of macOS Monterey - 12.5.1

I really hope someone knows how to fix it, it's not awful, just annoying that it doesn't simply "work".

Thank you

MacBook Air, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 21, 2022 10:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2022 10:27 AM

Asrailov wrote:

Hello,

I recently bought the new MacBook Air M2 2022 and set it up. What's bugged me over the last week is how the system for some reason keeps deleting the account profile picture I set for my user. I only have one user installed, my own, and I've never experienced this issue on my former MacBooks. It's very strange the profile picture I place stays around for maximum one day before resetting itself to nothing. Before anyone tries to help, note: I know exactly how to place the account profile picture correctly and there's no way I did it wrong.
The question is: What could be messing/interfering with the profile picture, what makes it reset by itself? Maybe some iCloud/Apple-ID related issue? Even though I don't know how that would even make sense since this is just the profile picture of my hard drive account (the picture that shows up in the middle of the MacBook lockscreen).

I really hope someone knows how to fix it, it's not awful, just annoying that it doesn't simply "work".

Thank you

Verify it is the same user profile picture you use in Contacts.app and compare your results.

Add or change contact pictures in Contacts on Mac

As well as the >System Preferences>AppleID

Change a user's login picture on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2022 10:27 AM in response to Asrailov

Asrailov wrote:

Hello,

Thank you

Verify it is the same user profile picture you use in Contacts.app and compare your results.

Add or change contact pictures in Contacts on Mac

As well as the >System Preferences>AppleID

Change a user's login picture on Mac - Apple Support

Why does my user profile picture in the login window keep automatically deleting itself?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.