Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

YouTube 4k video

Hi, I have problem to play YouTube 4k video in my iPad Pro. It is extremely slow. Some content with HDR only up to 480p resolution. But I have no problem to play same videos on safari or chrome..

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 8:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 2:42 PM

Hello KW1212.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. If you're using the official YouTube app and it isn't properly working, you might want to follow these specific steps here: If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open - Apple Support

1.) Close and reopen the app

2.) Restart your iPad

3.) Check for app updates and install pending updates on your iPad: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

To see if updates are available for the app, open the App Store, tap your profile icon, then scroll down to see if updates are available.

4.) Delete the app, then redownload it

When you do this, you might lose data that was stored in the app. Then redownload the app. Then check to see if the problem with the app is fixed.

If these steps don't help with the YouTube app, you might want to consider reaching out to YouTube for assistance with their app. Just in case, this link can show you how to reach them: How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

We hope this information is helpful. Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Cheers

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2022 2:42 PM in response to KW1212

Hello KW1212.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. If you're using the official YouTube app and it isn't properly working, you might want to follow these specific steps here: If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open - Apple Support

1.) Close and reopen the app

2.) Restart your iPad

3.) Check for app updates and install pending updates on your iPad: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

To see if updates are available for the app, open the App Store, tap your profile icon, then scroll down to see if updates are available.

4.) Delete the app, then redownload it

When you do this, you might lose data that was stored in the app. Then redownload the app. Then check to see if the problem with the app is fixed.

If these steps don't help with the YouTube app, you might want to consider reaching out to YouTube for assistance with their app. Just in case, this link can show you how to reach them: How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

We hope this information is helpful. Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Cheers

Apr 12, 2022 7:01 PM in response to Vilas_S

Hi Vilas_S Thanks for your reply. I have done remove/re-download app and update the IOS to latest version before i posted this question. The problem that it isn't the official Youtube App not working, majority of the contents (1080p) are total fine.. It is that certain 4k contents, especially 4k HDR content, it is very slow, especially when fast forward. There is no problem if I use Safari or Chrome to browse youtube for the same content.

the app can go up to 480p resolution only. but work perfectly in my TV and chrome.

[Link Edited by Moderator]

YouTube 4k video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.