Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trackpad does not work

Hello.

My MacBook Air's trackpad stopped working! it doesn't work, not at all.

nothing happened! no fall, damage, or pouring water. nothing!

it was on the couch, I opened it and noticed it doesn't work!

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 3:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 12:12 AM

See the article If the pointer doesn’t move when using the trackpad with Mac - Apple Support

If the trackpad is still not working, your Mac may be showing a low battery alert that you can’t see. Connect your Mac to an electrical outlet or connect an external keyboard to see the alert.

If you still have difficulty, you may have a problem with your hardware. See an Apple Authorised Service Provider.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2022 12:12 AM in response to Navidely

See the article If the pointer doesn’t move when using the trackpad with Mac - Apple Support

If the trackpad is still not working, your Mac may be showing a low battery alert that you can’t see. Connect your Mac to an electrical outlet or connect an external keyboard to see the alert.

If you still have difficulty, you may have a problem with your hardware. See an Apple Authorised Service Provider.

Apr 13, 2022 1:06 AM in response to Navidely

I checked this link: If the pointer doesn’t move when using the trackpad with Mac - Apple Support (IN)

that does not work.

I think it is Hardware issue, but strange!

the strange issue is: when I close the laptop and open it again, the trackpad works as it should in the first touch.

i can move the "mouse pointer" and click and everything. but after I stop using the trackpad for more than 3 - 4 seconds, it doesn't work!!!!

trackpad does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.