Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

dual monitor not working

Just got the new macbook pro 14" with the M1 Pro chip, which is supposed to support dual monitors. Hooked it up to my Caldigit and it worked initially (once) but now I only have one monitor working. Any setup steps I can take on the Mac itself or is it all autosensing?

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 7:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 8:21 AM

Hello fryguy12,

Based on the following resource, Connect a display to your Mac, when connecting two external displays, you should be using the Thunderbolt 4 (USB-C) and HDMI ports. Have you tried this without the CalDigit? If not, we'd recommend giving that a try.

If the issue continues, the following resource should help: If your external display isn't detected or appears blurry when connected to your Mac.

We hope this helps.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2022 8:21 AM in response to fryguy12

Hello fryguy12,

Based on the following resource, Connect a display to your Mac, when connecting two external displays, you should be using the Thunderbolt 4 (USB-C) and HDMI ports. Have you tried this without the CalDigit? If not, we'd recommend giving that a try.

If the issue continues, the following resource should help: If your external display isn't detected or appears blurry when connected to your Mac.

We hope this helps.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one!

dual monitor not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.