Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone contacts default account

My wife and I each have an Apple ID, and we use my Apple ID for Calendar and Contacts.

This works fine on our iPads and Macbooks and on my iPhone.

However, since the iPhone option to set the Contacts "Default Account" was removed, on my wife's iPhone the Contacts no longer sync!

Any assistance would be appreciated.

iPhone SE (Gen 3)

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 9:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 11:00 AM

That will make things much easier, and the use of more than one Apple ID on the iPhone can complicate things. See this for information about Family Sharing. That way each of you will have 5GB of free iCloud data for backups, and if you decide you need more, you can get more and share with Family Sharing if you get a qualifying plan. Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2022 11:00 AM in response to jrjury

That will make things much easier, and the use of more than one Apple ID on the iPhone can complicate things. See this for information about Family Sharing. That way each of you will have 5GB of free iCloud data for backups, and if you decide you need more, you can get more and share with Family Sharing if you get a qualifying plan. Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Apr 12, 2022 9:46 AM in response to jrjury

How is your wife managing her contacts? If she is logged into her iPhone with her Apple ID and has that for her iCloud, she should be able to manage her contacts with iCloud Contacts turned on. If you are trying to use your Apple ID for iCloud Calendar and Contacts, you should stop. She can use her Apple ID in iCloud, manager her Contacts and Calendar herself and you can setup Family Sharing for you two to share your Calendar.

iphone contacts default account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.